Once you lose a tooth, there isn’t anything in that spot that a replacement tooth or crown can be attached to, in order to effectively fill the space created. This is where restoration dentistry procedures like dental implants come in. We at Dr. Gore DDS provide world-class dental implant restoration services.
Our Newest Team Member
We have recently welcomed a highly skilled and experienced dentist, Dr. Jared Slovan on board our team. He is a member of the AACD (American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry) as well as a member of the ADA (American Dental Association), AGD (Academy of General Dentistry) and Arizona State Dental Association (AzDA) and Academy of General Dentistry (AGD).
Dr. Slovan’s work philosophy is completely in-sync with the way Dr. Gore functions. His expertise in the field and experience in various dental restoration treatments will help ensure that we are able to continue providing even more clients with the same superior level of services that we are known for.
Dental Implant Restoration Procedure
- In dental implant restorations, a “root” or artificial anchor is placed in the jawbone at the point where the missing tooth is.
- This titanium anchor is used to attach a natural-looking, beautiful porcelain crown. Dental implants are also an excellent option for people that wear dentures and haven’t had any teeth for several years. We can place multiple implants to secure the crowns so they fit snugly into place.
Dental Implant Restorations- What You Can Expect
Prior to the dental implant procedure, Dr. Gore or Dr. Slovan will perform a detailed evaluation to determine whether you are a good candidate for this procedure. Here’s what you can expect:
- We use advanced digital imaging software to help us thoroughly evaluate the bone structure in the area of your missing tooth.
- Dr. Gore will also do a painless 3D Cone Beam scan as this helps with the evaluation. This state-of-the-art technology helps us determine whether a dental implant restoration is a viable option. If it is, the scans will also help determine what the angulation & size of the implant will be.
- Once the implant has been placed, the site will be left untouched for a couple of months during which the bone will fuse with the implant.
- If the missing tooth/teeth are in the ‘smile zone’ you might not want to have an imperfect smile while the gums are healing. In this situation, we will fabricate a custom fit replacement called a flipper to fill the gap during the interim period.
- The flipper fits against the inner side of the teeth and is out of sight. It has a natural looking replacement tooth that can be seen from the outside. It gives the illusion that there aren’t any missing teeth, even as it gives the implant time to fuse well with the bone and tissues below.
- You will be asked to return to us for a post-operative appointment after two months. During this visit, Dr. Gore or Dr. Slovan (depending on who is handling your treatment), will determine if the area around the implant has healed well and whether the porcelain restoration can be fabricated and affixed in place.
If you want to be confident amount your smile again, dental implant restorations can fill in missing teeth, improve your bite and complete your smile. Dr. Gore, as well as Dr. Slovan, are here to provide you with excellent dental dentistry treatments.
If you want to know more about dental implant restorations or any of our other services, don’t hesitate to reach out to Rod W. Gore DDS. You can call us at 480 585 6225 or contact us directly.